Live Now! – 45 minute course
Communication to others is an incredibly important part of leadership. You can have all the great ideas in the world, but if you can’t communicate them to other people then you won’t see the change you want to make happen.
Add into that communicating technical concepts to non-technical audiences and you can see how Communicating Efficiently and Effectively is one of our Core Leadership Skills.
This course will teach you:
- The importance of communicating effectively, and what goes wrong when you don’t
- An understanding of common mistakes when communicating complex topics
- A framework (and worksheet) for how to prepare for common communication situations
- Example uses of the worksheet for common communication situations
- A bonus lesson on how to recognise when your communication is hitting the mark
Andrew Murphy combines his 17 years of professional software engineering experience with a passion for leadership and communication skills. His main focus is on how we can be better technical leaders and developers by focusing on learning the skills most of us ignore – communication and leadership skills.
Originally from the UK but now based in Australia, Andrew has consulted, performed workshops and developed software for clients across the UK, Australia, New Zealand and the United States.
Technology in all its forms is part of his makeup and so he codes, speaks, writes, teaches, makes, games and listens to all things geek